Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Love Languages

I was reading this post by Sarah Markley this morning and it got me thinking... It was really apropos because I had just been mulling over similar thoughts earlier this morning. So I left a comment letting her know my thoughts, and by the time I was done I realized I had a whole blog post! wheee! I love copy/paste...

Read her post first, then come back and read my comment on it...
or you can find my comment at the end of her post. Your choice!

I was totally just thinking about the same thing as I was driving my husband to work this morning! I over slept and so by the time I got up, I had to leave right away to take him to work, no time for breakfast or a shower first, no time to really wake up and get in my groove. I hate when that happens, because then my morning gets thrown off and subsequently it feel like the rest of my day does too! My husband is such a gentle loving spirit, and often times he just wants to hold me and say hi, good morning, I have missed you, etc... Just for a couple of minutes, and I let my mind get focused on what needs to be done and just want to go go go that I pull away from him and don't take a minute to love him back how he wants to be loved and show me love. To just be still. I do it with the cat too... :) He pulled me in this morning as I am focused on getting out the door, because he has to get to work! I was moving and not paying attention to the fact that I could take a few seconds to really say good morning and he accidentally stepped on my bare toes, not too hard, but I acted as if it was, and I let it make me grumpy, and pulled away from him and finished getting ready so we could leave NOW! You know, because we had to. We are expecting our first baby in March and I was realizing as I was driving that I could end up doing that to her too. To let my needs and the list of things that I think are important get in the way of just being, and loving on her when she needs it, to take a minute and not get the dishes done, or not have to finish watching a TV show because it is SO important that I know how it ends, but just play and snuggle and love, and get things done later. I need to get that mindset now, for my husband, for my marriage, for my baby girl, and even for the cat.
PS. My love language is Things/gifts. Bought things, given things, special just because things that you have put a lot of thought into just for me...

1 comment:

Lisa Leonard said...

congrats on expecting your first sweetie. xoxox