Sunday, August 12, 2007

fixin's and trimings

Now that I have bought all my fabric, I put together some patterns that I want to do, and am ready to get started.

But I need to wash my fabrics....


And I neglected to note what the washing instructions were on each of the fabrics...

Help!!

Any suggestions on how I should go about it? I am pretty sure that they are all cotton, or a blend thereof...

I was thinking cold water wash/tumble dry.

Do I wash them together, or do each fabric separate? There is about two yards of each fabric, standard folded in half, and I have 7 different fabrics....


I should have thought of this earlier.... grrr.

1 comment:

Kristen Borland said...

i'd wash cold water, gentle cycle, tumble dry low. wash the reds/yellows together, maybe with the pink checkered one if it's pretty dark pink. then do the light pinks together, and then do the blues together. you could maybe do the blues and pinks together if you don't want to do so many small loads. i often will do these type of loads with dark jeans and black shirts/socks, darker underwear or pjs. i think the biggest concern would be the red running.

what do your patterns look like?