Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Ragamuffin

Currently reading The Ragamuffin Gospel by Brennan Manning. It is a really powerful book, he is very insightful to a lot of things that seem pertinent to my life lately. One of the things that stuck out the most recently was this prayer in one of the chapters.

Abba,
I abandon myself into your hands. Do with me what you will. Whatever you may do, I thank you. I am ready for it all; I accept it all. Let your will be done in me and in all your creatures. I wish no more than this, O Lord. Into your hands I commend my spirit. I offer it to you with all the love in my heart, for I love you, Lord, and I give myself, surrender myself into your hands without reserve, with boundless confidence, for you are my Father.


It speaks to me a lot. It is the desire of my heart, and yet I am such a control freak that I can't seem to live it out. I want to hand over complete control, but, what happens when it isn't the way I want it to be. Such is my life.

Abba... help.

1 comment:

Brianna Heldt said...

I've heard really good things about Brennan Manning. I may have to read one of his books these days!