Yup, we (more specifically, me) are pregnant with number 2! and no, it's not twins, the doctor only saw one baby in there!
We are calling the baby, Baby Dos, also known as Dosie.
We found out about two weeks before Christmas, told all our families on Christmas and spilled the news to everyone else on the 26th!
This was Evelyn's Christmas outfit. I had to make the shirt since you can't find "big sister" shirts in 6-9 month size!
We thought we were about two months along, 8-10 weeks-ish. Had our first ultrasound yesterday. Um. Nope.
Yikes! Where did the whole first trimester go?!
Apparently I have fairly easy pregnancies, since, you know, I couldn't even tell until I was 3 months in! ^_^
Let's see, Questions you might want answered:
- Yes, Evelyn is only 9 months old
- The babies will be about 15 months apart
- Yes, this is sooner than we were planning
- Yes, Dosie is a big (but welcome!) surprise
- I had only had one period and so didn't realize that I had gotten pregnant because I assumed that one was just a fluke, since I was still nursing, and there were no other periods for me to "miss"
- Yes, we got pregnant pretty much immediately after that period, which is why I didn't have anymore. Oooooh! that all makes sense now! oops.
- Yes, I am aware you can get pregnant while nursing, everything I had read though told me we were still in the "safe zone" but we still used protection 95% of the time...
- That 5% will get you every time!
- That's how we got Evelyn too! haha!
- No, I am not nursing Evelyn anymore, my milk had started drying up before we got pregnant and wasn't coming back, and the (unknown then) pregnancy probably contributed to that
- We will find out the gender in about 3 weeks
- Yes, we will share the Gender
- No, we will not share the name
- Yes, we already have names picked out
- Due date is June 18