Thursday, May 21, 2009

Miracle Miles For Kids

Next Saturday, May 30, I will be participating in the Miracle Miles for Kids 10K Walk/Run (it will probably be more of a walk for me...) along with my good friend Cassie.

The Family Care Network of the Central Coast works to provide much needed services such as Therapeutic Foster Care; Family Support Services; Prevention and Early Intervention Services; Transitional Housing Services; and Community-Linked Services, the agency works in collaboration with the community to strengthen and preserve families and individuals.

All proceeds earned through pledges at the event will help support direct services that benefit the community's youth and families!

* $100 buys school supplies and clothing.
* $500 helps a youth join a sports team or purchase a musical instrument.
* $1,000 helps furnish an apartment for an older teen about to transition from foster care to adult independence.

I have never participated before but I am so excited to do it this year! If you want to support me and help raise money for this organization and cause, you can go here it is my personal pledge page. I am trying to earn $100. Thanks so much!


and if you think about it, you might want to pray for me the day of the race that I don't die!! ^_^

No comments: