Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Mildly terrifying....

Kyle and I are going on vacation soon. We will be out in the sun a bunch and I really don't have a hat.

I hate how baseball caps look on me, visors are fine, but not ball caps, don't ask, I don't know why...
I also have a rather large skull, so just going out and buying a hat from the store doesn't work, they are always too tight.
So what do I do?

I decide to make one.

The girl who has never sewn from a pattern (much to my mother's dismay and not from her lack of trying) is going to buy a pattern and sew a hat...

Hence the title of this blog...


I decided to make this hat



With this fabric...


Can I just say, I think I have fallen in love with Amy Butler stuff, it is soooooo cute!!!!

I stayed up until one last night sewing. It was actually pretty easy! There are still a few things left to tweak, and I don't have pictures yet, but when I do I will post them!!! It's a pretty darn cute hat if I do say so.

2 comments:

Kristen Borland said...

sounds soooo cute! can't wait to see pics!

Jason and Anna said...

I feel you on the pattern thing. I really don't like patterns. I'm so stubborn. I almost ALWAYS end up looking at it and piecing it together with out the directions. I inevitably always do it wrong. Oh well! :-)

Great job though, that is a very cute hat!