Wednesday, October 17, 2007

yummy dinner!

One of Kyle and my favorite dinners is something that I have dubbed "Mexican Stir-fry" I recently took it to a friend's house for dinner, we get together once a week and watch a TV show with him (it started with "The 4400" and now we are following the current season of "Hero's" since the 4400 season is over...) and he really enjoyed it too, so I thought all you bloggy friends might as well. Now that I have finally closed the horrible run on sentence, I will give you the recipe.

1 large yellow onion- cut up into smallish strips
10 soft taco sized tortilla's - cut into thumb sized strips (apprx.)
Chicken. I usually use rotisserie chicken that you can buy at the store and use about 3/4 of the meat. I like it because it is already flavored and cooked and shreds really easy. Sorry I don't know how to convert it to something more usable....
1 small can of Enchilada sauce.
Lots of Olive Oil

Take the cut up onion and saute it in olive oil until it is nice and soft and sweet, near to carmelization.

Add the chicken and cook until it is heated through. (medium Heat)

Add the tortilla strips and stir in well with the onions and chicken. Add olive oil as needed to help stop sticking. The tortilla's tend to soak up a lot of the oil, so you may need to add a bunch.

When the tortilla's are heated through, add the Enchilada sauce and stir to mix in. Let sit and heat through, stirring occasionally.

Dish up on a plate with a dollop of sour cream and avocado slices or guacamole. Kyle likes to add Tapatillo on top too, I think the flavor is fine as is... experiment!


Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!

No comments: